How to create 2nd Menu

This support request was posted in BBQ by kapostolou

Request ID #2760 In Progress
  • Hey Juanfra,

Loving the new BBQ theme. Looks great, and the more I use it, the easier it’s becoming. Also, I’ve been reading through the support forum and it looks like you take good care of your customers. Great job!

My question is this: I want to have 3 menus for my restaurant on the top navigation. For example: dinner, lunch, and takeout.

When I click “dinner” (for example) it will just show the dinner items. Likewise for lunch and takeout.

I can’t seem to figure out how to separate the two.

Is this possible?

Hey there,

Thanks for your kind words 🙂

The best solution for this would be creating three parent Food categories. That would be “Dinner″, “Lunch″ & “Takeout″. Then you add all the food items assigning them to the specific food category you wish.

Since “Dinner″, “Lunch″ & “Takeout″ are food categories you don’t need to create any pages for them, they’re created automatically by the theme.

If you visit your page http://yourwpsite.com/wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=menu-category&post_type=menu – you’ll see all the menu categories that you’d created. You’ll able to create more, edit or delete. When you hover any category you’ll see that there’s a link that says “View”. If you click that link, you’ll be sent to the Food menu category template.

Over the theme options, you can select to display your food menu category template with a grid or list style.

Then, when creating your WordPress navigation menu (check Appearance > Menus ), you can add any “Menu Category” (in your case: “Dinner″, “Lunch″ & “Takeout″). If you don’t get to see the “Menu Category” over there, please see if you can enable it from the “Screen Options” at the right top part of the screen.

Best,
    Juan.

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot tonight and let you know if I have any more questions.

Yup. worked exactly as you described. Awesome! Loving this theme!

Thanks for your kind words.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server