How to setup 2 menu pages with different entries

This support request was posted in BBQ by mondi84

Request ID #680 Resolved
  • I would like to have on my site 2 Menu Pages, one dedicated to drinks, and another one dedicated to food.

How can I achieve that?

Right now there’s only one “Menu Page Template”, so it’s showing ALL the “food entries”.
    How can i have a “Menu Category Page Template”? in which i can choose to show wich food category to show and which not?

Help will be very much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.

Hello There,

thanks for writing 🙂

The best solution for this would be creating two parent Food categories. That would be “Drinks” & “Food”. As they are food categories you don’t need to create any page for that, they’re created automatically. And the theme has a template to handle that.

If you visit your page http://yourwpsite.com/wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=menu-category&post_type=menu – you’ll see all the menu categories that you’d created. You’ll able to create more, edit or delete. When you hover any category you’ll see that there’s a link that says “View”. If you click that link, you’ll be sent to the Food menu category template.

On BBQ’s newest version (It was released this week) you can select to display your food menu category template with a grid or list style.

Then, when creating your WordPress navigation menu, you can add any “Menu Category” (in your case: Food, Drinks).

Best,
    Juan.

Thanks, i understood how the menu category pages work now, but I noticed that in the menu category “auto-created” page I dont have the left sidebar menu for scrolling, and that’s very important for my site!

Because of this page is being “auto-created” and has not a page template .php file, I dont know how to customize his appaereance for just be exaclty the same as the “menu list” template!! Can you help me with that?

How can I set up to have the left sidebar with menu, on my category pages?

Thanks.

Hello there,

Thanks for writing 🙂

We’ve updated the theme last week in order to add this feature (version 1.0.7). You should download the new files and replace the old ones. This should solve your problem.

Best,
    Juan.

perfect! it works!!! thanks very much!

No problem 🙂

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

There’s a way of choosing the order of the menu on the sidebar? the menu categories are showing in alphabetical order right now, how can i choose the order? thanks.

Hello,

At the moment you can do that with a third party plugin like this one: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/taxonomy-terms-order/

Best,
    Juan.

Thanks, the plugin is working perfectly.
    I have another question, why i cannot insert any HTML code in the “item description” for example i cannot use . There’s a way to make it understand my html markup in the description?

Even if I try to create a custom CSS class and insert item description it’s not rendering the styling nor the markup. How can i obtain that? Thanks for you kindness, very much appreciated.

Sry previous post is not showing the code. a re paste it here using square brackets instead of

I have another question, why i cannot insert any HTML code in the “item description” for example i cannot use [br] . There’s a way to make it understand my html markup in the description?

Even if I try to create a custom CSS class and insert [p class=”myclass”] description [/p] item description it’s not rendering the styling nor the markup. How can i obtain that? Thanks for you kindness, very much appreciated.

Hello,

That sounds really strange! you mean adding HTML tags/inlines styles for the food menu item description?

In the menu template this may be happening because the function is “the_excerpt()”, that doesn’t render HTML content.

Best,
    Juan.

Oh, ok.
    Yes, I was refering to “the excerpt()”, that’s not rendering HTML content.
    Anyway i found a workaround for my site, so it seems that i don’t need it anymore.

You are one of the best authors by far, excellent and fast support, well coded theme, keep it up and thanks again. I voted you 5 stars on themeforest u deserve it more than everyone else!!!

Awesome 😉

Thanks a lot for your kind words, I really appreciate. We give our best to provide the best product+service that we can and I’m sure we’ll keep on improving.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server