Installing Smart demos with one click is fairly simple. However, from time to time the process can fail. There are a couple of reasons for this to happen.
Firstly, all demo packs live in “the cloud”. By saying this, we mean that all the images and configuration files are actually being downloaded from different servers to your site and then processed, so if you are using a local install with development purposes and your internet connection fails or has a micro-cut, then the demo import process can finish without success.
Secondly, the demo import process consumes server resources, because it gets files from the cloud (like images, configuration files and more) and processes them in order to perfectly match your new site like the one on the actual demo site. And this consumes server resources, so if your site is on a shared server with limited resources it can also fail.
One Click Demo Import↑ Back to Top
The one click demo importer need to meet the following requirements in order to work correctly. Please have in mind that you can check these by going to your system status page. If you don’t meet the requirements you will need to contact your hosting provider in order to make the changes.
- WordPress 4.8 or higher
- MySQL 5.6 or higher
- PHP 5.6 or higher
- PHP Memory Limit: 256 MB or higher
- PHP Time Limit: 300 seconds or higher
- PHP Maximum POST Size: 32 MB or higher
- PHP Maximum Input Variables: 3000 or higher
- PHP Remote GET: Enabled
- Xdebug: Disabled
If you meet all the requirements and you are pretty sure there are no micro-cuts on your internet connection, please be sure that the mod_security Apache module is not enabled. You can ask your hosting provider about it.
The other option, when you already tested all the solutions above is to manually import the demos.
Manual Import↑ Back to Top
If you still have trouble installing the demo with the one click importer you can try to do it manually. Please have in mind that you will need to have the required plugins installed and active. After that, all you need to do is to follow these simple steps.
Import The Demo XML file and The Theme Options.
- On your WordPress Dashboard, go to Tools → Import → WordPress.
- Install the WordPress Importer.
- Browse for the XML file and import it.
- All of the demo content should now be uploaded to your site and ready to use.
Import Theme Options
- On your WordPress Dashboard, go to Smart → Theme Options
- Click the “Cloud” button, located beside the “Save Options” button.
- Browse for the JSON file and import it.
- All of the demo options should now be uploaded to your site.
Set Up the Front Page
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard → Settings → Reading panel.
- Set ‘Front page displays:’ to ‘a static page’ and choose the home page.
- Save changes.
Configure The Navigation Menu
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard → Appearance → Menus
- Assign the navigation menu to a theme location. This is really important because it will be the location in which the menu you’ve created and edited will be appearing.
- Save Changes.
XML Demo Packs↑ Back to Top
The following ZIP files contain both the XML files and JSON for the site contents and configuration.
The demo data is for registered users only. Login or Create an account in order to download the files.