We want you to love our products as much as we do, and we are willing to help you as much as we can to make your experience with NiceThemes the best one possible. In this article, we will be sharing with you some guidelines to make sure you get the help you need as quick and smoothly as possible.
When to contact support
First of all, it’s important to say that we can only address support issues about our products. That means we can’t help you with customizations that go beyond the options inside our themes, or with questions about WordPress, or about third-party products. Please, read this article for a more detailed explanation about the scope of our support.
Some things you can try by yourself
- Ensure both WordPress and your theme are up to date. If you don’t know how, you can read about updating WordPress, finding your theme version, and updating your theme.
- Try deactivating all plugins. If this resolves the issue, please reactivate them one by one, until you find the offending plugin. If this is the case, you should contact the plugin developer.
- Remove all theme customizations you may have made. If this resolves the issue, add them again one by one, until you find the offending customization.
- Compare with our online demo. If the issue is also there, it’s probably a bug. We want to know about it!
How to contact support
We are available via our support forums on business days, on standard business hours.
- Log into your NiceThemes.com account, and go to the support forums.
- Search before you post. If someone already had a similar issue, you might find useful information in no time.
- If you still need to open a ticket, first take a few minutes learning how to describe your issue. Then, find the forum of your product, and open it there.
- We’ll analyze your issue and respond with a suggested solution as soon as possible.
We don’t offer support via phone, email, social media or theme repositories. If you contact us that way, we will kindly ask you to open a ticket in our forums. This way both the problem and the solution to be publicly available there, and other users having similar issues may be able to find them in the future.
How to describe your issue
- Post in the forum of your product. That makes things easier for users browsing for help.
- Ask a single question. It’s easier to help you if we keep focused in one issue at a time. If you have multiple issues, you can open as many tickets as you need.
- Be precise. We need to understand your problem before making an attempt of a solution. The more clear and concise your question is, the better and faster we can help. Explain all the relevant facts with as much details as you can, there’s no such thing as an obvious statement here.
- Provide links to your site. It’s always better if we can see the issue. Note that you should never publicly include usernames and passwords in your support tickets, because the forums are public, and anyone on the Internet can see your ticket. We provide you with special, private fields for that information when submitting a ticket. We won’t be responsible if you get hacked.
- Provide screenshots. You know the saying, an image is worth a thousand words. Add as many screenshots as you want, they are always helpful. You can use online services like Postimage.
- Provide any custom code you may be using. It may be interfering with the expected behaviour of the theme. You can use online services like Pastebin.
- Be polite. We’re only trying to help. Rushing us will not get you an answer sooner, and mistreating us will not get you an answer at all.