First Steps↑ Back to Top
A quick introduction to WordPress
WordPress is free web software you can use to create a web site, blog, or app. Using themes and plugins, you can transform it into almost anything you can imagine. Being easy to learn and use, but also powerful and extensible, it suits both basic and advanced needs of millions of users all around the world.
Yey, you now have your theme! You’re about seconds ahead of having a beautiful site running.
A WordPress theme is a collection of files that work together to provide a graphical interface with an underlying unifying design for a WordPress-based website. In simpler words, it defines the look and presentation of the material published in it.
Remember that you must have a working version of WordPress already installed in your web server in order to install this (or any) WordPress theme. If you don’t, it’s not a problem at all. You can easily install WordPress in about five minutes.
Installing your theme
As with any other theme, you can install Paeon automatically from your WordPress Dashboard, or you can upload its files manually.
Nice Theme Options↑ Back to Top
The theme comes with a comprehensive but simple-to-use administration panel, which you can use to adjust many aspects of the theme in order to suit your specific needs.
Widgets↑ Back to Top
Using WordPress widgets you can add custom content and features to different areas of your site with no code experience or expertise. It’s a powerful and easy way to control and extend your theme.
Paeon has many areas where you can add widgets:
- Footer 1
- Footer 2
- Footer 3
- Home Sidebar
Paeon comes bundled with its own custom widgets. You will automatically find them as they are prefixed with “(NiceThemes)”
Page Templates↑ Back to Top
Using WordPress page templates you can change the default layout and functionality of your pages. This way, every section of your site will look and behave exactly like you need it to.
Nice Page Templates
Smart comes bundled with its own custom page templates:
- Home (template-home.php) — Usually the exact home page you’ll see on the theme demo.
- Full Width (template-full-width.php) — A full width page template without the sidebar.
- Blog (template-blog.php) — A page with your posts, organized as a blog section.
- Blog Masonry (template-blog-masonry.php) — A page with your posts, organized as a blog section with masonry view.
- Services (template-services.php) — A page with your services.
- Services Two Columns (template-services-two-col.php) — A page with your services, in a two column layout.
- Staff (template-staff.php) — A page with your staff members.
- Contact Form (template-contact.php) — A page with a contact form.
Setting up your home page
Your home page is the main page of your website, usually the first one a visitor will see. The Home page template, which comes bundled with the theme, is perfect for it.
Setting up a gallery page
Sometimes you need to show a lot of images in a simple and intuitive way. In that case, you can use the Gallery page template, which also comes bundled with the theme.
Images↑ Back to Top
Using WordPress featured images (also known as post thumbnails) you can illustrate and represent posts of any type. They are a great way to emphasize your content.
Nice Image Sizes
For an optimal view, you should know the purpose of an image before uploading it, and make sure it has the proper size. Smaller images will be automatically generated from it.
- Blog Template, Staff, Home Services: 480x480px
- Blog Post: 730x40px
- Blog Masonry: 580x405px
- Slider Slide: 2560x1000px
- Services Two Col: 480x180px
Navigation Menus↑ Back to Top
Using WordPress navigation menus you can easily offer a direct access to the different sections of your site.
Paeon has many locations where you can add navigation menus:
- Navigation Menu
- Footer Menu
Permalinks↑ Back to Top
Permalinks are the URLs to the content you publish. They are shown in your browser’s address bar, and they are essential for your visibility in search engines.
Customization↑ Back to Top
If you are an advanced user, we recommend you learn how to customize your theme (don’t forget to check the related articles). The only limit is your imagination!
Demo Content↑ Back to Top
Updates↑ Back to Top
To obtain the latest version of the theme:
- If you bought the theme on ThemeForest:
- If your NiceThemes license key is expired, renew it.
- With your active NiceThemes license key, register your theme.
- Learn how to update your theme.
Support↑ Back to Top
You’re not alone in this. If you need assistance: