1) Slider Text on iPhone disappearing & 2) "one slide" issue

This support request was posted in Paeon by mrubicon52

Request ID #3814 In Progress
  • Hi,

1) I’m wondering if this issue is going to be corrected. I realize it was talked here : http://nicethemes.com/forums/topic/mobile-issues-nav-phone-number/
    but the solution seemed to be to just remove the slider from showing. I’d like to just have the title of the slider displayed on iPhone sizes. Will that be included in the future or is there a way I can do it with CSS so the slider isn’t just completely blank?

2) I noticed on this thread: http://nicethemes.com/forums/topic/slider-text-not-disappearing-for-phone/
    that there is an issue related to their being just one slide. The issue I have is that if I have one slide, iPad and iPhone do not see the slide overlay (title/description/button). If I add a second slide, it works like it should as illustrated in the demo, at least on the iPad; the iPhone still suffers likely due to issue 1 above. Any way to get this to work with one slide or will a fix be released?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for writing, and taking the time to search in the forums.

1) There are several questions on the topic you’ve referenced. The slider text doesn’t show on mobile devices because there’s no place to show it. It is not a bug, it was a design decision when creating the theme.

If you want to display the slide text on mobile devices, then you’ll need to set CSS rules to show that, instead of hiding it.

2) That issue has been resolved awhile ago. It was not related to mobile devices, it was happening on desktop view. The slider caption was never shown on mobile devices, independently from the amount of slides.
    What version are you running?

Best,
    Juan.

Thanks Juanfra,

2) I had just updated to the latest one today 1.0.6 and the issue persists and it seemed to do it in the prior latest version 1.0.5 as well. If we add a second slide, it works, but if it’s just one slide, there is no text displayed on iPad. I have tried it with all plug-ins turned off as well and it persists.

Thanks.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi There,

The design decision was to hide the slider caption if there’s one or more than one slides on mobile devices. The bug has to do with some classes hierarchy.

On line 4418 of the stylesheet, there’s a rule for .flex-caption{} that should be for .flex-active-slide .flex-caption{}

I don’t get to understand what is that you want, if you want the caption on mobile devices or not.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server