Categories

This support request was posted in Bref by ZenaShapter

Request ID #41297 In Progress
  • Hi all,

Just a quick question about my Bref theme. On my portfolio page, the category filters don’t seem to do anything when clicked – not on my ‘Books’ page OR home page. Aren’t the relevant portfolio items supposed to reshuffle and appear with the relevant ones? What am I doing wrong?

The page is over here: http://northernbeacheswritersgroup.com/books/

Also, I tried to send this to your support@nicethemes.com email address, but kept getting bounce backs.

Thanks,
    Zena Shapter

Hi all,

Still waiting for a reply on this – is anyone there?

Thank you! 🙂

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Zena,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I hope you’re doing well.

It seems that there are some problems with the JavaScript files. What version of WordPress are you currently running?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

I have been trying to contact you for quite some time – your response above says 27 August but I have haven’t actually received any reply on this ticket. I had started to think Nice Themes was closed down!

I am running the current version of WordPress 5.8.1

Also, I note there’s a testimonial by me on the home page – but I did not write this! Could it please be removed?

Thank you!

Hi Zena,

How have you been trying to contact us? My last reply is from the 27th of August and we were waiting for you to reply. Where are you hosting the site?

We don’t provide support via email, and we have removed that email address that you mention. We provide support via this platform, and here we are replying.

I have just removed the testimonial. It was provided years ago, we haven’t invented words.

Unfortunately, the WordPress premium products sector has changed a lot over the years and several reasons made it complicated to run businesses selling WordPress products. The main one, in many cases, not having yearly license renewal to be sure to have the resources to provide proper support and updates. Your case, for example, is emblematic. The theme purchase was in the year 2013, and 8 years after in 2021 you need assistance and we need to maintain the product (as everything in software changes, and it needs maintenance). So, having said this, we are slowly unsupporting certain areas that are no longer viable, but we’re still here trying to give value to the people that trusted us. I hope this answers your question.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Thank you for your reply. I’m a little confused by your answer, but perhaps we could move forward by focussing on the main issue: the bref theme combined with the current WordPress version 5.8.1 doesn’t support category filtering. This will be of interest to all purchasers of the theme, new and old. On my portfolio page, the category filters don’t do anything when clicked – not on my ‘Books’ page OR the home page. Aren’t the relevant portfolio items supposed to reshuffle and appear with the relevant ones?

The page is over here: http://northernbeacheswritersgroup.com/books/

Hi Zena,

Thank you for the follow-up.

The previous message was a response to your doubts and concerns. And also a clarification that this is the platform in which we provide support, and not via email.

With regards to the problem. It looks like a JavaScript issue. Are you using plugins on the site that might be conflicting? Have you tried testing for conflicts? (this would be disabling plugins and checking if they’re the cause of the issue).

Regards,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

There are no plugins. It’s just the bref theme in there. Nothing else.

Regards,
    Zena

Hi Juan,

I’m just checking in to see if you have a solution for the non-functioning categories function yet?

Regards,
    Zena

Hi Juan,

How are you going with fixing the categories function?

Regards,
    Zena

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Zena,

Thanks for the follow-up.

We’re still working on it.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

How have you gone with the categories function this month? Any news on fixing it?

Regards,
    Zena

Hi Juan,

How have you gone with the categories function this month? Any news on fixing it? It would be so good to have this function working!

Regards,
    Zena

Hi Juan,

It’s been five months since I contacted you to say the portfolio option on this theme isn’t working. Since this issue still isn’t fixed and I haven’t heard from you in three months, I’ll have to leave the Nice Themes family and select a new theme 🙁

Best wishes with everything!
    Regards,
    Zena

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server