Change Hyperlink Color and CSS Customization

This support request was posted in Smart by ohyeah

Request ID #34945 Resolved
  • Hello,

I would like to change the color of the hyperlinks. Therefore I added the following css to Smart -> Design & Styles -> Custom code. a { color: #3E92CC;} !important;

However, that didn’t work. Am I missing something?

Also, I am not able to add a sidebar to my posts. Can you have a look at it?

Thanks and best regards, Janis

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Janis,

I hope all is well.

The problem is that your custom code is not formatted correctly.

It should be like this:

a { color: #3E92CC !important; } 

The !important flag must be beside the CSS rule value, and not outside.

With regards to the sidebar, I’d need access to your WordPress admin. Please send me your access details in a private reply so I can take a look.

Best,
    Juan.

Hey Juan, thank you for your quick reply. The CSS still doesn’t work. However I noticed the following: Right now I have added two new CSS rules:

.post-meta .entry-comments, .entry-footer { display: none;}; 
    a { color: #3E92CC !important; };

If I save the css like that, only the first line is executed and the post-meta is changed. If I switch the rules around, so the hyperlink css is first, only that line gets executed. What am I missing? I am used to write CSS like that, is there any different syntax that needs to be applied?

This reply has been marked as private.
    Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thank you for the follow-up.

Would you please give admin privileges to the user you have created for me? I can’t see/manage pages with the type of user you’ve sent me.

Thank you,
    Juan.

Hey Juan,

sorry about that. It should work now.

Best Regards, Janis

Hallo Janis,

I hope you are doing well.

Regarding the sidebar, please have in mind that when you use the page builder it overrides the settings you have below the edit box. So, if you use the builder on a post, you won’t be able to set the sidebar in the post settings.

With regards to the CSS, you are using semicolons after the braces, that is not correct and it ends up breaking the CSS. As a result, the CSS rules do not work. Please revise your CSS. I’ve removed the semicolons where they shouldn’t be.

Best,
    Juan

Ah, okay. Got it! Everything is working fine right now 🙂
    Thanks a lot for your quick help, Juan 🙂 I really appreciate it! You’re doing great work.

Have a nice day, Janis

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Janis,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Have a great day,
    Juan.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server