Contact Form Field Amendments

This support request was posted in BBQ by icemedia

Request ID #2663 Resolved
  • Firstly, i’ve just used this theme for http://www.thearunview.co.uk and it looks superb!

My query is this: On the contact form, there isn’t necessarily a need for the ‘Subject’ field, can we change this to a ‘Phone Number’ field – how would I go about doing this? Looking on the support forum it appears that adding a new field isn’t possible so changing an existing one would work for now.

Failing that, i would use Contact Form 7, but how would i add that to the page but keep the layout…would it mean changing the PHP file, or selecting a different template?

Cheers!

Hello there,

Thanks for writing. Your site looks great 🙂

You can make it the same way you’ve changed the “Your Message (Please include Phone Number)” and avoid changing everything else.

Best,
    Juan.

Thanks!

How would i go about changing the heading in the email? I’ve changed the form heading on the website, but the email still outputs as the ‘Subject’ rather than the ‘Phone Number’.

Cheers!

Hi There,

You should go to the file /bbq/includes/functions.php, search for the function nice_contact_ajax() and change where it says

__( 'Subject: ', 'nicethemes' )

with

__( 'Phone: ', 'nicethemes' )

Cheers,
    Juan.

That’s great Juan – awesome support as always! 😀

Cheers

Graham

Hi Graham,

No problem, thanks for your kind words 🙂

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server