Customized Logo Size

This support request was posted in Netelier by ifssvas

Request ID #819 Resolved
  • Here is my page: http://www.cbsullivanconsulting.com/dev/

As you can see the logo is distorted and I tried to use the area to upload my logo, which is under Theme Options / General Settings / Custom Logo

When I did that, even though this image is 1014 width in pixels and 238 height in pixels, it is distorted and blurred. I had to change some of the code in styles.css to get it to the size I needed.

Here is the code I changed in the styles.css file:

a:hover { color: #036; }

a img { border: none; width: 1014px; height: 238px;}

Can someone help me figure out how to get my image as the size I want in the header and also look correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey there,

I hope you’re doing well. Whenever you upload your logo it’ll be shown in the exact same size it was uploaded and it’s resized by default with WordPress.

I’ve been through your site and it seems that you have selected your logo in 300×70 px. Please take a look when you choose to define your logo in the options panel, to be the full size image if you want to have the 1014×238 px.

Please, I would recommend you to use the file custom.css in order to add new css. This way you won’t miss any updates when a new version of the theme is released.

Also, I recommend you not to use the code a img { border: none; width: 1014px; height: 238px;}.
    That will apply to all the images inside links on your site. You may use something like this, instead:

#logo a img { border: none; width: 1014px; height: 238px;}

And that will apply only to your logo image.

Best,
    Juan.

I don’t see where you are talking about when you say: Please take a look when you choose to define your logo in the options panel, to be the full size image if you want to have the 1014×238 px.

I do not see where I can define that at all in options panel.

I also put the code you suggested in the styles.css file and it still looks the same.

If i put it in the custom.css will that make a difference of how it looks?

Hello,

Please check this image: http://i.imgur.com/pOC3Dy8.png

You’ll see that there’s a red circle. When inserting your logo, please be sure to check the right size you want to use for your logo.

Regarding using the file custom.css for your custom CSS, this way you’ll prevent to maintain your changes when updating the theme version. Please, have in mind that when we update any theme it’s quite possible that we edit the file style.css. So, if you use custom.css for your custom CSS you’ll avoid stepping over the possible features on new updates for the theme.

Best,
    Juan.

PERFECT and thanks!

I have another issue now, since I got the logo in the correct position and looks correct.

I now need to get the sub menu background and text lined up correctly. It is off to the left now.

Need to move the blue background and text that is part of the sub-menu, moved to the left some.

What part of the code do I change to get this corrected?

Hello,

I’ve seen you have created another ticket for this new issue. We’ll continue discussing about this over there.

Best,
    Juan.

Yes you can close this one, because you answered in the other one and this issue is now solved.

Thanks so much!

Jerome

No problem 🙂

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server