Demo importer not showing up
This support request was posted in Smart by asthanav
- asthanav June 26, 2017 at 8:52 am
Hi Demo importer click leads to below link and it doesn’t show any place from where I can do a one click import
I wanted to have
1) home page like this http://demo.nicethemes.com/smart/portfolio-metro
2) and blog page like this http://demo.nicethemes.com/smart/blog-travel/ also
3) How do I have a proper masonary structure for blog like 1st post full width followed by 3 posts each row eg. https://blog.calendly.com/
Kindly help whats wrong with my installation.
Here’s my purchase code in case
Item Purchase Code:
eb16ed67-74a8-4c58-bf26-b4a9601a901cJuanfra Aldasoro June 26, 2017 at 1:38 pm
Thank you for writing. And thank you for your purchase.
I’ve seen you are currently using a child theme with the parent theme name modified. Besides that, have you changed anything else? Is there any way you can send me your FTP access in a private reply so I can take a look?
In the meantime, you can try to add the following code to your theme functions.php file:
Thank you very much,
Juan.Juanfra Aldasoro June 26, 2017 at 1:47 pm
Once you get to have the demo install in your site, installing a demo content pack is as simple as this:
And regarding your questions:
1) You can import the Portfolio Metro demo in order to check how that home page is done.
2) You can also import the blog travel demo in order to check how the posts page is done.
3) Regarding getting a different layout for the first post, I guess the best solution would be using two Page Builder “Posts” Element. The posts element is super versatile and it is the element used to create both structures for #1 and #2. Perhaps, you can have a first one, full width, or use an image/with text, and then when creating the query for the rest of the posts via the “Posts” element you exclude that first post. You can read more about how to use the posts element on the special article we’ve created about it: https://nicethemes.com/article/posts/
Juan.asthanav June 26, 2017 at 1:53 pmThis reply has been marked as private.Juanfra Aldasoro June 26, 2017 at 1:59 pm
Thank you for the follow-up, and thanks for sharing your FTP details with me. I’ll be taking a look at it and will come back to you ASAP.
Juan.asthanav June 26, 2017 at 3:51 pmThis reply has been marked as private.Juanfra Aldasoro June 26, 2017 at 4:01 pm
We’re currently checking this, the problem is related to changing the slug of the parent theme. Please bear with me whilst we solve this.
Juan.Juanfra Aldasoro June 26, 2017 at 5:05 pm
Thanks for your patience. I’ve updated the required files on your server and you now should be able to see and use the demo importer.
Please have in mind that you must check and see if your server configuration meets the requirements that we suggest to run the importer. You can check this by visiting the “System Status” page in your theme admin. You can learn how to do this by checking this article: https://nicethemes.com/article/system-status/
Also, please be sure to read the article about using the demo importer and follow the notes: https://nicethemes.com/article/install-demo-contents/
Juan.asthanav June 26, 2017 at 5:29 pm
Thanks much Juan. Highly appreciated. Your awesome personalized support deserve 5 stars and mention on my blog 🙂Juanfra Aldasoro June 26, 2017 at 5:34 pm
Thank you very much 🙂 It means the world to us. Please if you like our work, it would be of great support if you could also rate us on ThemeForest.
Have an amazing day and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.