Disappearing header and navigation

This support request was posted in Paeon by Jojogali

Request ID #6004 In Progress
  • Hi, I was working on my website yesterday, translating the “Read More” parts of the website when suddenly the header and navigation stopped showing.

Can you please check what happened?

No upgrades were mare by my domain host (which is myself) and I substituted all the files I edited by the original ones again, even though I just edited the english bits.

You can check it here: http://clifala.pt/home/

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for writing.

I’ve visited your site and saw that the HTML of the header is generated without any inconvenience. By any chance have you edited any of the CSS? How is that you have made the translations?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi,

I’ve managed to pinpoint the issue. I deactivated the Visual Composer and the menu appeared again.
    I asked in the Themeforest page if I could use Visual Composer without any problem and I was told the template is built to work with any sort of Visual Composer available.

Is there something you can do to fix this bug? Other than that I think the integration works properly.

Thank you,
    JM

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi JM,

Thanks for the follow up.

I see. It seems that Visual Composer is including the same script we use for the slider. Can you ask them if there’s any way you could deactivate the inclusion of the “FlexSlider” script?

Best,
    Juan.

I’ve submitted a message regarding what you asked, but was able to trace a piece of code they gave another costumer, that didn’t work.

add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘remove_vc_styles’, 99 );
    function remove_vc_styles() {
    wp_deregister_style( ‘flexslider’ );
    }

I’d also like to know if you can help me achieve a fullwidth page with the slider to use as homepage. Meaning, I’d like to create contents to use on homepage, other than the ones available, using visual composter, something like this: http://clifala.pt/home/home-2-2/ but I’d also like to be able to have the slider. Can you help me create a page template that does the trick?

I’m sorry, I just figured out how to do that by myself. Ignore the last post.

I’ll wait for the author of the Visual Composer to reply and get to you as soon as possible.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Great then, let’s wait for their response.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi,

They’ve answered me:

Hi, you should use wp_deregister_style(‘flexslider’); wp_dequeue_style(‘flexslider’); wp_deregister_script(‘flexslider’); wp_dequeue_style(‘flexslider’) – this needs to be launched before wp_head action or wp_enqueue_scripts.

But I have no idea how to add this… Is there anyway you can help me?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello JM,

Well, you should include those into a function that need to be hooked in an action before the header is processed.

I’ve created a snippet for you: https://gist.github.com/juanfraa/3820c853bf8aaa48e91a

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juanfra,

I’m sorry I’m being such a pain, I placed the snippet and applied it as you told me to to my functions.php file:

“//* Do NOT include the opening php tag – put this into your functions.php file.”

But it didn’t make a difference. Plus, I’m noticing a big gab between the slider and the beginning of the container .

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi JM,

I’ve seen you’ve added some functions to the custom CSS field.

Would you please send me your site access details to support@nicethemes.com so I can take a look?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan, I just did. If it does not arrive immediately please check your spam folder.

Thank you very much!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi JM,

At the same time and before I check your site files, I’ve seen that there’s something messing up the original styles. If you add the following CSS rule things will work:

.has-slider #header {
        z-index: 3;
    }

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Thank you, thank you, THAAAANK you! Saved my life 😀

Works perfectly.

Best,
    Joana

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Joana,

No problem.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server