Duplicate Content – Menu

This support request was posted in BBQ by nickyblaines20

Request ID #3217 In Progress
  • Hi there! Hope all is well over at Nice Themes.

A duplicate content issue within the setup of BBQ Theme has come to my attention via Google Analytics, and I was wondering how to resolve it. I am sure I am missing something obvious, so thank you in advance.

I do realize that BBQ has a feature that allows people to click “into” a menu item and see its description on its own page. This is an additional click I do not want to put users through, and so to get around that for the users I have removed that link. Step 1 of many.

However, the page is still created for each menu item as well as menu category – and though I would prefer they did not exist, the URI’s for all can be directly accessed in the nav bar, and as a result are starting showing up as landing pages in Analytics, meaning they rank for some queries. Since my client will eventually start writing content for the domain and marketing it properly, I’d like ensure the setup is as Panda proof as possible. I do really need only instance of each bit of content on the site at a time, that is all.

I’m checking through my various WordPress and Yoast settings and am finding no culprits. However, as I am new to Nice Themes I would not be surprised if I’d overlooked something.

Thank you so much for your time! Really appreciate your help.

Cheers!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Nicky,

Thanks for writing.

Yes, that’s an automatic page, the same way the archives and all the different templates are created by WordPress. What you can do, if you want those to be invisible, is try to remove those pages from google search results with robots.txt file: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/156449?hl=en

Best,
    Juan.

Thanks for confirming, I never know if there is a workaround unless I ask. Will do.

Juanfra Aldasoro

No worries 🙂

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server