Excluding pages from the Main Menu

This support request was posted in General Support by theshortstack

Request ID #269 In Progress
  • Hi there,

Is there any easy way of stopping some of my pages from displaying in the BBQ theme’s main menu?

Thanks a lot

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi there,

Of course. 🙂

Our themes make use of WordPress menus, these were introduced in version 3.0 and they’re really easy to use. This way you’ll be able to manage your website navigation menu with a few clicks.

You can find a really good explanation – including images – on how to create and manage wordpress menus in the theme documentation for BBQ. Check this link: http://nicethemes.com/support/theme-docs/bbq/#menus

Please let me know how it goes with this and write us back if you need further assistance with wordpress menus.

Thank you,
    Juan.

Thanks for the link – I’m still having a few issues I’m afraid!

I’ve set up a new Menu in WP named ‘Main Menu’ and assigned it in the drop down menu on the left to Navigation Menu.

However, now when I got back to the site, the menu has disappeared all together and it’s only when I delete that ‘main menu’ that the original menu comes back.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Have you added any page to the menu you’d created?

You need to add pages for that menu to display something, else it will be empty and you’ll see nothing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server