Flatbase content page design

This support request was posted in Flatbase by josephram

Request ID #40594 In Progress
  • Hi Juan,
    I have several questions and issues with Flatbase that don’t seem to be solvable via a plugin that ultimately doesn’t cause a conflict somewhere else.

First, what is an “Article” in the Flatbase theme? Specifically, how is it different from a “Page” or “Post?” Is it a custom post type you created? I have not been able to find anything that references an “Article” other than as a piece of content.

Here’s what I need for a content page:
    1. It has a “Category” and will show up on a Category page, displays the category in the “breadcrumbs” and is inserted in the URL;
    2. That the piece of content does NOT display the “author,” “postdate,” “Comments On/Off,” # of article views, # who “liked” the article, and the “About (author)” at the bottom of the piece of content.

My specific issues are outlined for you below on the following sample pages:
    1. Post: https://www.disabilityresources.org/disability-agencies-and-organizations/florida-post/
    a. Doesn’t display the “breadcrumbs.” (which I want to display)
    b. Does display the “author” “postdate” “Comments On or Off” and “About” at the bottom of the post. (which I want to remove)
    2. Page: https://www.disabilityresources.org/florida-page/
    a. Doesn’t allow for a “Category” to be assigned, therefore a “Category” is not displayed in the URL or “breadcrumbs.” (which I want to display)
    3. Article: https://www.disabilityresources.org/article/florida-article/
    a. Displays “post type” (/article/)instead of the URL other “Category.” (I want the “Category” to display not the “post type.”)
    b. Displays the “# of article views,” the # who “liked” the article. (which I don’t want)
    c. Displays the “About (author) at the bottom of the article. (which I don’t want)

I truly love the design of the Flatbase theme, but I’d like to accomplish what I outlined above.

Thank you!

Joe Ram

P.S. I’ve tried using various plugins to accomplish what I’ve outlined above but each one seems to create a conflict with something else.

Ultimately, I suspect it would be best to use the “Article” page but can I remove:
    1. “/article/” from the URL
    2. “# of article views”
    3. # who “liked” the article.
    4. “About (author)” at the bottom of the article.
    5. AND still have a “Category” page that displays all of the “Articles” within an article-category.

I’ve managed to complete #2, 3, and 4 just above. I’d still like to remove “/article/” from the URL if that won’t affect the “article-category” page or create another conflict. Thank you, Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. With regards to your questions/comments:

Article: It’s a custom post type the theme is using to categorize the knowledge base. The difference is that pages are the pages of your site where you can build the structure, and posts are the blog entries where you can share news. Articles where meant to be specifically for the knowledge base. They can be categorized and they can have tags.

I can see that you were able to resolve the issues you asked help for, so that’s great! Thanks for writing and hoping that you are well.

With regards to the URL: Unfortunately there’s no way to remove the /articles/ part of the URL. That part of the URL indicates to WordPress that it should retrieve that certain article. That’s the way that WordPress handles the requests, query the information in the database and return an html page.

You can check the different threads where we explained why is it not possible to do it:

Removing "article" from URL

Clean URL Permalinks

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server