Homepage Article Categories Not Matching

This support request was posted in Flatbase by merrillii

Request ID #38068 In Progress
  • Hello –

On my homepage I’m confused about how to get the articles to show up under the correct categories. For example, I have an article for Ground Beef, the categories selected are “Ground Beef” and “Meat”. Ground Beef is setup as a sub-category of meat. For some reason it shows up underneath the seafood category.

See screenshot:
    Image 2018-10-19 at 12.41.02 PM.png

Hi,

Thank you for writing. I hope you are doing well.

The articles displayed on the home page under each main article are those who are directly linked with the category. So, perhaps if you linked only to the subcategory you should also link them to the parent category. Does that help?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Thank you for the reply. That was my first thought as well – to play around with the categories and which were selected. I tried to do it systematically but I cannot figure out how it works. For an example, take the article on “Ground Beef”. First I selected both the parent category “Meat” and the article sub-category “Ground Beef”. I selected “Ground Beef” as the Primary category as shown in the screenshot:
    Image 2018-10-22 at 12.36.27 PM.png

With these categories, the article is not even listed on the homepage. Here’s a screenshot:
    Image 2018-10-22 at 12.41.08 PM.png

So, next I tried to make “Meat” the primary category and it still doesn’t show the article on the homepage.

Finally I tried removing the parent category (“Meat”) and only select the sub-category “Ground Beef”. Now you can see the article appear on the homepage but it does not show up under the correct category. It shows up under Seafood instead of under Ground Beef. Here’s a screenshot:
    Image 2018-10-22 at 12.44.29 PM.png

Can you offer any guidance on this? Or can you point me to the PHP code that displays these articles on the homepage so I can look into it?

Hello – I’m still looking for support on this issue please

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for the follow-up and the detailed screenshots.

By default it is displaying the sub-categories, would you like to not have those?

Best,
    Juan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server