How do I get the home page slider working?

This support request was posted in BBQ by janebuckman

Request ID #275 Resolved
  • Hi !
    Can you tell me how to get the image slider working on the BBQ theme – or where the documentation exists on this? Thanks, Jane Buckman

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Jane,

Thanks for writing.

First of all you’ll need to create a page with the “Home Page Template”. In this link ( http://nicethemes.com/support/theme-docs/bbq/#page-templates ) you have the instructions on how to assign templates to any page. Then, there’s an explanation on how to setup a home page.

Once you’ve got this, you need to add slides. In your wordpress administration, you’ll see there’s a menu on the left where you can manage slides. The image for the slide will be the featured image of that slide. Then you have custom fields for the Slide description, or the video embed code if you want your slide to have a video.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,
    I did all that you said. Template = home, slider image added….ummmm. I dont see where you add custom fields for the slide description either.

I added a slide, uploaded an image, clicked save – so it is in there.

Thanks, Jane

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Jane,

Would you please send me your site address, and the wordpress login details to support@nicethemes.com so I can have an eye at your site?

Thank you,
    Juan.

I cant because it is under a work firewall – im trying to get this changed today….
    I can send you the link when i get it.
    Any thoughts off the top of your head?
    Jane

Juanfra Aldasoro

Ok – Please have a look at the following:

– Please look in your theme options if the slider is enabled.
    – Add infoboxes to check if your home page is set correctly. If you go to the site’s home, having infoboxes, and you don’t see them means that the home page template isn’t configured ok.
    – Check your theme’s /cache/ folder permissions. It must be writable (777) for your site’s images to work.

Let me know if any of these solved your problem.

Thank you,
    Juan.

– Please look in your theme options if the slider is enabled. YES
    – Add infoboxes to check if your home page is set correctly. If you go to the site’s home, having infoboxes, and you don’t see them means that the home page template isn’t configured ok. YES I ADDED 3 and all good.
    – Check your theme’s /cache/ folder permissions. It must be writable (777) for your site’s images to work. YES – WRITE ACCESS

Any other thoughts? Hopefully I’ll have a url for you soon,. Jane

Juanfra Aldasoro

Jane,

Do you have JavaScript enabled?
    Are you getting any JavaScript error?

Juan.

I got it working, it was the security in the image file that was the problem. Thanks again!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Jane,

No problem 🙂

Have a great day,
    Juan.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server