How to remove blog post widgets

This support request was posted in Smart by Smokingone

Request ID #37691 Resolved
  • Hello,

I have disabled comments on blog posts on website but I still see some widgets at the bottom of posts (zero comments bubble, tag etc)
    How do I remove these? I cant find options in settings I wondered if you could possibly supply some code to do this?
    Thank you

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for writing. I hope you’re doing well.

Where is that you need to remove that? Are you using the blocks element from the page builder?

Thanks,
    Juan.

This reply has been marked as private.
    Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for the follow-up.

Ideally, if you have disabled comments, that shouldn’t be showing over there. Perhaps there’s a conflict with any of the many plugins you’re using.

In any case, please try adding the following code to your functions.php file:

Best,
    Juan.

Hi,

Thanks for comment re plugins – I went in and deleted unnecessary ones now only 24 which I read is fine and there are no more errors on that front 🙂

Re the PHP code… where exactly in the functions.php file should I insert it?

Because I tried various positions in the file and I get a “parse error” now when I try to access the blog. Blog is inaccessible now.
    I also tried reverting to the original php file and I still get this error. Have tried purging caches etc error is still there.
    I use the child theme – should the php code go in child functions. php or main functions.php?

Thanks

Oops spoke to soon – Blog is back now so I guess there was a delay.
    Please however advise on where in the functions file, and which one (child or not), i should insert the code..

Thanks!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up.

You can put that at the end of the file, being sure that is not messing with any other function.

Please, be sure that you don’t include the php opening tag if not required.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi,

Thanks the code worked for the comments box!
    There is still a weird folder icon. How can I get rid of it?

Thanks

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up.

I assume you refer to the post format icon, it’s showing that is a normal post.

You can add the following CSS to hide that:

.entry-footer .post-format-wrapper {
        display: none;
    }

Best,
    Juan.

Hi,

Thank you that resolved it perfectly.

Many thanks!

Juanfra Aldasoro

My pleasure! 🙂

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server