Import/transfer current wordpress theme into Smartsite

This support request was posted in Smart by mike0bd

Request ID #32003 In Progress
  • Hi
    I currently have a site running under a self built custom theme http://www.thewinereview.me. I’d like to transfer/import it into the Smart theme to make it more responsive and upto date. I obviously have a lot of code written on the existing pages so don’t really want to start completely from scratch. I can’t find any advice on this?
    Kind regards
    Mike

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Mike,

Thanks for writing and thank you for your purchase.

I see. Would you please share with me if you’re using some kind of plugin in order to have the different functionalities? I can see that you have some search functionalities and you are also using the register/login functionality in the front end of your site. I strongly recommend you to create a staging site and you start working over there, please don’t start working on your production server.

Oh, and as a potential visitor I would include “Malbec” and “Argentina” 🙂

Cheers,
    Juan.

Thanks Juan
    I’m using Ultimate WP Query Search Filter to create search facilities for the posts and their custom fields. The posts and custom fields are created by a submission form/page, only accessible if you register.

I’ve created sites off line with MAMP, but how do you set up an online staging site?

:-)) Yes quite!!! I wrote the site for anyone to put up a review, the existing posts are only a few my favourites!

Whilst I’m happy with the overall exercise of writing my own theme, its quickly dated before I’ve even got it going and its not responsive enough, hence looking at smart. Im also hoping Smart will be better on Google search.

Please feel free to fill out the review form if you want to suggest some good Argentinian Malbecs! 🙂

Mike

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the follow-up. I hope you are doing well.

Ok, I see, so you have all those functionalities in plugins. Then it won’t be a problem moving to another plugin.

With regards to using staging sites online, there are some hosting companies that already comes packed with this functionality. And it is what we usually recommend. Like WP engine for example.

Nice idea! The good thing about smart is that you have a lot of hooks (actions and filters) for you to extend the theme, and use it as a framework.

I’ll take look and see if I can submit my favorite Malbec’s! 😀

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server