Improving Search

This support request was posted in Flatbase by jgg9

Request ID #38165 In Progress
  • Hi,

I love the big homepage search bar on the Flatbase theme but it doesn’t appear to index pages very well.

For example, if I have a page called ‘Top Automobiles’, neither of the following return that page:

What are the best automobiles? (Presumably because of the question mark on the end of the word)
    What are the best cars? (There’s no way to add metadata about a page for search to see but users to not?)

Could you please advise on a way to improve the search functionality? Potentially by stripping out special characters and running wildcard searches on all words?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thank you for writing. I hope you are doing well.

The live search is using the WordPress search functionality (it relies on that) and it’s limited to the article post type. If you want to add or change the post types to be searched (for example, you mentioned pages) you should add a script like this one:

Best,
    Juan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server