info boxes

This support request was posted in BBQ by carsondurr

Request ID #259 Resolved
  • how do I get the info boxes to show up? i have information in them, but can’t figure out how to get them to come live. my setup is the same as the template with 3 info boxes. thanks in advance.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Have you checked the Home Options over the theme options panel?
    If you go there, you’ll see there’s an option to show or hide the info boxes.

Let me know if this solved your problem.

Best,
    Juan.

Juan,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I really appreciate it.

That does’t seem to work. I have the box checked with “page order” selected in the drop down. Do i need to remove my “blog” portion of the site or something? Do I need to remove my pages from the site 1st?

Thanks in Advance.

Juanfra Aldasoro

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Did you set up a website homepage with the “Home Page” Template?

Infoboxes are only shown on the “Home Page” template. By default when you install your theme, your home page will look like a blog template. In order to have your site as it looks in the demo site, you need to follow these steps and set your “Home Page” Template. http://nicethemes.com/support/theme-docs/bbq/#setting-up-page-templates

Please let me know if this solve your problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you,
    Juan.

Juan,

I followed those instructions exactly. I actually removed all content of my site as to make sure I didn’t have something funky going on from before. http://www.carsondurrdc.com. The slider didn’t want to work correctly until I got more than one page going – could it be something like that inside the info box back end? I’m very confused.

Help.

Carson

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Carson,

Would you send me the login details to support@nicethemes.com so I can take a look at your site’s configuration?

Thank you,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Carson,

Thanks for emailing your details. I’ve entered to your site’s administration panel and I’ve seen that your page “SGC Home” didn’t have any associated template.

All of our themes come bundled with unique page templates which adds additional functionality to your pages. In this case you wanted to set your home page the same way as the demo site looks.

You’ve configured your settings in order to have that page (SGC Home) as a Home Page through the Settings > Reading panel but you forgot to assign a page template for that page.

To set up a page template
    Every time you create or edit a page, you’ll see that there’s a box named “Page Attributes” where you’ll be able to choose between all the templates the theme come bundled with.

Thank you,
    Juan.

Juan,

Thank you SO much for your support. Awesome! So happy I purchased this product.

Thanks again,

Carson

how do i set up the contact template?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Carson,

No problem, thanks for your words ๐Ÿ™‚

In order to set up the contact template, you need to do the same thing.

Create a page ( i.e. Contact ) and in the “Page Attributes” box, where it says Template pick “Contact” from the list. Have a look at image in the documentation page I’ve sent you before so you can have a better understanding. http://nicethemes.com/support/theme-docs/bbq/#setting-up-page-templates

and..Voilรก! that will create a page using the contact template.

Remember that you can include the google map code, telephone, opening hours, etc in the Options panel.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server