Issue updating the theme in theme options

This support request was posted in General Support by bluepanther

Request ID #39009 In Progress
  • Hi there,

Here is the query i posted the other day, just sharing it here so that I can give you access to the site.

I have one more pretty major issue with the site. For some reason I cannot update anything in the theme options, it worked when I initially built the site but when I try to update options on the home page in the theme options I get the following error:

I contacted the hosting company and asked them to increase the length of the URI so that I do not get this error and can update the options on the home page in the theme options.

They gave this reply:
    “Hi Thank you for your ticket.
    Sorry for the trouble here. If you’re getting this error it usually suggests a coding error somewhere as the default limit is 1,000s of characters in length. I can see you’re using WordPress – are you getting this error when trying to update a certain plugin or the core WordPress installation? If it relates to a plugin then I would recommend getting in touch with the plugin developer as this suggest a coding issue and they’ll be best placed to advise here.”

There are no plugins on the site so it’s definitely down to an error with the theme. Have you had this issue before? How can I resolve it? Are there coding errors in the theme that would create this problem? There are no plugins used on the site.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Nerissa

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please have in mind that you can respond in a private reply with your information and we (the support team) will be the only people able to see that.

With regards to your update. It seems that it was updated incorrectly. Have you done any customization in the past?

I’d recommend you to make a backup of the following folder /wp-content/themes/paeon/ And then get the new zip and replace that folder completely with the new files.

Best,
    Juan.

This reply has been marked as private.
    Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Nerissa,

Thanks for the follow-up.

The latest copy of Paeon can be downloaded in your account dashboard as well: https://nicethemes.com/dashboard/

The problem with your site is that it seems that it is not loading the CSS and JavaScript required for the theme options panel to work. I’d highly encourage you to use the latest version of the theme. Make a backup of what you had. Erase the folder and upload all the new files.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi there,

I am going to be reinstalling the theme files and setting up a testing site for this website that I am working on but really need to know where I can download the latest version of the theme files? I have been unable to successfully download them from here.

Can I download them from themeforest? Will that be the latest version of the files?

Thanks

Nerissa

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Nerissa,

Thank you for the follow-up.

The most recent files are both on Themeforest and on this site. You can try on any of them.

Please have in mind that a license provides support and updates on one site. You have purchased a license on 2014, five years ago.

Best,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Nerissa,

Would you please share your site access details where you’re seeing that?

Please do it in a private reply so I can take a look.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server