Make article category online visible for some users

This support request was posted in Flatbase by MattWithAHat

Request ID #41042 In Progress
  • Hi!

I’m using the plugin “Ultimate Member” where I can set the visibility of each item (posts, pages, custom posts, etc.) for every user type. I have some articles that should only be visible to the admin and “managers”. For the most part, it works as expected. When someone else tries to access an article, they get a message that it is restricted.

The problem is, however, that on the main page all categories are listed, even those that can’t be seen by the particular user. If you log in with the user I provided, you can see “Search Analysis”. However, every category as well as the category itself is restricted and can’t be seen by that user. The category is even excluded from the WordPress post query for that user, but still he can see it on the main page. Is there a way to fix that?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I hope you’re doing well.

I can’t log in into your site with the access details you’ve provided. With regards to the plugin compatibility we’re using WordPress native functions to retrieve that information, like get_categories and get_posts. The code can be found in the function nicethemes_knowledgebase in flatbase/includes/functions.php. I would contact the membership plugin and ask why is that they’re visible regardless of the configuration you’ve used.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server