Modify Search Results

This support request was posted in Flatbase by infoquest

Request ID #39971 In Progress
  • I’m trying to remove the article excerpt from search results. I’ve accomplished this when viewing article categories but for search results it shows. I’ve been able to successfully remove the post-meta but the excerpt still exists. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I temporarily resolved this issue by modifying the theme’s search.php file and removed the exceprt php code. While not the most ideal fix due to updating the theme undoing this i’m still curious if there is a better way to accomplish this.

I do have a new question regarding Article Category pages. Currently it’s showing a max 10 articles per category followed by “Older Posts” was curious A) if there is a way to increase the # of articles displayed and B) If there is a way to change “Older Posts” to “Older Articles”

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well.

The best way to keep those changes, would be using a child theme and managing your customizations there.

With regards to your second question, you can modify that number by going to WordPress > Settings > Reading and changing the Blog pages show at most option.

To change the strings, you’d need to modify the function nice_pagenavi() or edit the file taxonomy-article-category.php to add your own navigation.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server