No Submenus on the Side?

This support request was posted in Bref by ZenaShapter

Request ID #1893 Resolved
  • Hi – just purchased ‘Bref’. Great theme, so thank you 🙂

I’m just sorting out the appearance of my navigation menu.

As with the advertised Bref theme, I want my navigation menu on the left side of each page. But this doesn’t seem to support submenus. Pages that previously ‘dropped down’ as my submenu, now cover the navigation menu entirely, making it impossible to navigate.

Please confirm that the Bref theme does not support submenus on the side. Please also advise how to get around the fact that it doesn’t! I’ve noticed on the live demo there is a submenu at the top, on the right, of the ‘portfolio’ page.

Thanks 🙂

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Zena,

Thanks for writing.

Yes, when designing the theme we wanted to keep it minimal so we decided that it won’t be supporting styles for submenus in navigations.

Please have in mind you need to set up a navigation menu (In Appearance > Menus) in order to select which items you’d like to include. If there’s no navigation menu, then the theme will list the pages. You can check more about creating navigation menus here: http://nicethemes.com/support/theme-docs/bref/#menus

I’m not sure If I’m getting you right with what you mention about the portfolio page. Do you mean the filter?

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,
    Juan

Hi Juanfra,

Thanks for your quick reply!

On the portfolio page, in the top right hand side, there are several boxes linking to different pages.

I have a lot of pages on my website, so I do need a way to make them easy to navigate for visitors. I can’t just list them all! And yes, I have already set up a navigation menu. What I need now are submenus.

🙂

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi There,

No problem 🙂

You mean this page: http://demo.nicethemes.com/bref/portfolio/ ?
    Those are not links but filters, they filter the items given any category.

I’m sure we can do something for the next version of this theme. In the meantime, if you want, you can provide me your FTP details so I can work out a temporal solution.

Best,
    Juan.

Thanks Juan!

What kind of FTP details do you need? And can I give them to you securely?

Just a thought, Juan… well, two actually (I’m brainstorming ways to introduce a submenu / make a site without a submenu easier to navigate):

1. is it possible to have a total of six (not just three) Info Boxes showing on the Home page (if so, how)?
    2. is it possible to use some Info Boxes on the ‘Home page’ and others on other pages (if so, how)?

If the answer to both of these is yes, then I think I have a plan…

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi There,

Thanks for writing. Yes, of course securely. Please send them to support@nicethemes.com

With regard to these last points, #1 (by modifying a bit of code) is viable, unfortunately #2 it is not.

Best,
    Juan.

Thank you so much, Juan, for fixing up my side menus, for giving me six Info Boxes instead of three, and for all of your fast and friendly emails, which have also come with the odd tip! I am so happy that I bought this theme from you. Not only does my website look amazing, but it comes with the best support! 🙂

Juanfra Aldasoro

Thanks for your kind words 🙂

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server