Not all demo installations work

This support request was posted in Smart by BBaller

Request ID #31855 Resolved
  • Hello,

I purchased this theme but have had a rather hard time getting it installed.

All my PHP settings are fine (https://i.gyazo.com/27eabc2d6be7565f102dabfe95a3813f.png, and the ones under admin.php?page=nice-theme-system-status that are numerous enough that I don’t feel like taking screenshots of them), and in the middle of making this post I tried the Under Construction theme since it seemed pretty simple and that surprisingly actually worked, but that’s not the theme I need so it doesn’t really help me, haha.

This is a new WP installation and I’ve removed all content, any ideas what could be going on? If I can’t the theme I need working this will have been a waste of my money, so yeah. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi there,

Thanks for writing. I hope you are doing well.

So sorry to hear that. Sometimes the demo import is interrupted due to internet micro cuts, all the demo info is in the cloud. Please bear with me while I check your site. I’ll try and import the “Blog one column” demo, that is the one I’ve seen on the screenshot you sent me.

Thank you for your patience.

Best,
    Juan

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for waiting. I can see that your site is returning a 404 when the demo is trying to access /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php when importing the demo.

Would you be so kind to share the error log with me so I can help you with this? You can send it via private reply.

Thanks,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

I can see that the WordPress importer (the one from WordPress, not the one with the theme) is also failing to complete any type of import, it is throwing the site front instead of importing: https://cloudup.com/cRjFKIz_vqr

This must be a server configuration related issue.

It would be vital if you could get the server error log so we can have more information about the error and we can help you import the demo. What hosting company/plan are you currently using?

Best,
    Juan.

This reply has been marked as private.
    Juanfra Aldasoro

Thank you very much. We’re currently reviewing your issue. It’s really strange that we’re getting 403 and 404 responses where everything should be normal. Perhaps they have some kind of special configuration. We have two people reviewing this right now.

Feel free to create new tickets if you have any other doubt.

Thanks for your patience.
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for waiting.

We’ve been reviewing this issue and we found that it can be related to a couple things:

1) File permissions – they might not be having the appropriate permissions. We are almost certain that this is not the problem given that you were able to import a demo. But we would like to take a look anyway.

2) Apache configuration – There are some hosts that enable an apache module named mod_security by default. This might be the reason why the importer is ending abruptly.

Would you be so kind to share your FTP details with us in a private reply so we can take a look at the files, your .htaccess file, and some other configuration?

Thank you,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Perfect, thanks. That’s totally fine, we’ll see if at least we can find anything in the .htaccess file or the permissions (my guess is that has more to do with point #2).

I totally understand. We share your humor, so no worries. Life’slike that, like you said. However, it’s still a kind of pain, and both you and I want this to be working like charm.

(We’re currently checking your server as we speak)

What’s the name of your hosting provider?

Thanks again,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

I went to your site and tried to recreate the demo you wanted to import. It was a really hard thing to do, given your server response. But it is done, you have the “Studio Architecture” demo manually installed.

I’ve used only two pictures because your server is responding with HTTTP error every time I wanted to upload an image. Secondly, every two pages I open I get a 503 response or 404 (even when editing a post/page).

I honestly recommend you, independently of the theme you end up using, that you change your hosting provider.

Please if you can send us the name of the provider and the plan you have, along with the error_log and their response will be tremendously informative for us, and we’ll be able to check the demo importer on such servers.

Thank you,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Masroor,

Thanks for the follow-up.

I never heard of that hosting company before. Their site looks professional, but unfortunately, their answer to your support request is not “complete” and it looks like a template.

With regards to hosting companies, I could mention some. For example Flywheel, or SiteGround. It depends more on your profile and what you are looking in terms of what you want to manage yourself. WordPress also recommends bluehost, or dreamhost.

Thanks for your kind words, it would mean the world to us if you could leave a good review. It’ll be highly appreciated.

With regards to the WordPress support topics they have linked, there’s no php “Warning” message that can stop the importer because we exclude them. So in case that other plugin/script return a warning, it doesn’t bother our importer.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server