Permissions management as user roles

This support request was posted in Flatbase by apoguy

Request ID #39498 In Progress
  • Hello,

I am trying to change permissions so users, for example editors, do NOT have the ability to edit the infoboxes but they need permissions to edit FAQ, or knowledge base articles. However, it seems that the permissions are all the same! I cannot remove permissions for the infoboxes without removing permissions for the FAQ or articles.

Those 3 need to be different permissions, there’s no point on allowing an editor edit the info boxes…

(I am using “User Role Editor” plugin to change permissions)

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I hope you’re doing well.

User permissions over content are functionalities that come directly from core. When registering the post types we added post capabilities (faq and infoboxes). And for articles page capabilities. If you want to set custom capabilities I’d recommend you to read this link: https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/108338/capabilities-and-custom-post-types

Best,
    Juan.

There’s no point on having post capabilities on the infoboxes, if any, they should use PAGE capabilities, and articles should have post capabilities.

Why would a user change an infobox but not a page? Those are really static content, while the posts, faq and articles are something the user should be able to change.

Hi,

Thank you for the follow-up.

You can modify the capabilities as you require. All content in WordPress is dynamic and really tied to the functionality of the site. So, pages, posts and any custom post type could have their capabilities. For the post types the theme has, we have used those. You’re invited to modify them to fit your needs.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server