Slider Image Blurry

This support request was posted in BBQ by AKanellopoulos

Request ID #6873 In Progress
  • Hi Juan,

I understand the slider images are 960 x 400 which is a weird 12:5 aspect ratio, but I would love for my 5184 x 3456 (3:2) to stay crystal clear after being used as a featured image for the slider after they are cropped.

How can I go about this?

Do I just need to use a 12:5 aspect ratio image? Or does the image have to be 960 x 400 so that the theme doesn’t mess with it at all, leaving it nice and clear? Should I change the slider image resolution in the theming code?

Thank you!

Hi,

Thank you for writing. The slider image is by default 960 x 400, which is something standard for this type of design.

You can use a 12:5 aspect ratio image and WordPress will automatically resize the image.

The image resolution doesn´t have to do with the aspect ratio, they will only look blurry if you use a small image for the slider (because if the image is not big enough, the slider stretches the small image in order to fit the dimensions).

The WordPress image quality is set via the theme options panel. Over the “Images” section.

Best,
    Juan.

Thanks for your reply, Juan.

Unfortunately, on my Macbook Pro Retina, the image is clearly blurry when viewed on the slider. If I check the image directly in the WordPress media viewer, it is as sharp as the original, which can be seen here https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyyq3bvmdfrtgix/Crust%20Slider%20Image.jpeg?dl=0.

Sorry if I sound web design illiterate, but is the slider not retina ready?

In fact, all the slider images are like that, it just happens to be more of an issue with this picture in particular.

Hello,

Thank you for the follow up.

Well, actually, to make an image retina ready requires to make the image double sized (in pixels, that would be 1920x800px ) and displayed within the slider container (960px) with 100% width. The slider is retina ready when viewed from mobile devices such as iPhones, but unfortunately not when it is viewed in a notebook with retina support. That’s perhaps the reason why you get to see the image a bit blurry.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server