Sub Categories on Home Page and Knowledgebase

This support request was posted in Flatbase by tiza

Request ID #39702 In Progress
  • Thank you for the great theme, I have dug extensively through the forums and support group and couldnt exactly find the solution to my problem.
    Under Categories, I have sub categories and then articles:
    1. How can i show the articles under sub categories instead of at the bottom showing random articles from all the sub categories above?
    2. if that is not possible, how can I hide all the article titles on home page and knowledge base so it only shows categories and sub categories? the settings only allow a minimum of one article and no 0 option.
    3. i saw an old article for using shortcode on a page [nicethemes_knowledgebase category=xx] to kind of create more knowledgebases on demand, can this shortcode be somehow used on the home page instead of the current knowledgebase, I tried to use it in the flatbase theme setting – home page but that didnt work.

Thank you for your help.

just to add, I also read an option of using list custom taxonomy widget but I cant get that in place of the Knowledgebase on home page

Hi,

Thank you for writing and the kind words.

With regards to your question.

1. Unfortunately, right now the articles shown are only child of the parent categories.

2. Right now, you could only hide them via CSS. Or another option would be modifying the function nicethemes_knowledgebase() that you can find in flatbase/includes/functions.php

The CSS could be something like this:

.category-posts li {
        display: none;
    }

3. Yes, you can use that on the home page, but it would be recommended to use a different page than the “Home Template”. Or be sure that you include [content] in the following option: Theme Options > Home Options > Home Template > Home Page Sections

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server