The logo picture

This support request was posted in BBQ by johlindr

Request ID #30584 In Progress
  • There is an issue with the logo picture, as for some reason the plugin options defines the URL to the picture as an absolute url, which breaks in the following scenarios:

Switching to SSL –> insecure asset.
    Switching moving from staging to production still points to the absolute url.
    Switching domain (not often this happens).

Also the Infoboxes urls should have the option to select a page of the site –> less room for mistakes using absolute URLS.

Please advice on the logo picture as soon as possible.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for writing.

Yes, the logo picture saves the image absolute url. So the options are to update the logo once you have your site with SSL or another option (that will help you with every other insecure asset) would be installing a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-force-ssl/

As for the other scenarios, it is usually not recommended to have the same db in staging and production. But I guess that’s just a matter of taste. I’d recommend to have a production site with the options in order.

Regarding moving to other domain, basically you’ll have to configure all WP urls, and the strings pointing to images will be another one in the batch.

Best,
    Juan.

Hello,

The hard-coded URLs are definately generating issues, normally we build our sites with a “dummy” domain and then switch over the site domain.. Having a bunch of hardcoded URLs are really bad practice. Re-saving the image did not fix the issue, I still see issues with the Retina logo and yes I did re-save it as well.

I do expect a fix for this.

Hi,

Thank you for the follow up.

You shouldn’t have any problem if you go to your theme options panel, then select your logo and save the options.

Would you please send me the site access details in a private reply so I can check if saving the options fix the issue or not?

The URLs are not hardcoded. There are fields from the Theme Options panel in which you save absolute URLs, the same the WYSIWYG editors use when you put content in any post or page. Hardcoding means that you set something directly in the code. We’ll be checking if we can find a better solution for cases like yours.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server