This support request was posted in Smart by MOOI
this theme is very nice and easy to customize, I’m just woundering about the performance, it seems to be very slow.
Maybe it’s due to the host, but can you give me some hints? And host/serve requirements?
I’d already installed Autoptimize plugin, but still very slow.
Thanks in advance,
MOOIAndrés Villarreal July 11, 2017 at 4:03 pm
Thank you for writing, I hope you’re doing well.
I took a look at your website and you’re right, it loads very slow for a normal installation.
There are a couple things you can change to improve performance, but the real reasons for the slow response times come down to your current server setup. This means that you’ll probably experience performance issues regardless of the theme or plugins you’re using.
If you can give us more information about your hosting provider and your current plan, we can give you a few more recommendations.
In the meantime, inside your WordPress admin, you can go to Smart > Support & Updates. There, under the “Changelog & System Status” box you’ll find the “System Status” link. By clicking on that link you’ll get a pretty comprehensive description about your current installation. You have a couple items in red (which means their current status is not ideal) and some other things that may need improvement. I’d suggest to check the following ones:
- Your current memory limit is 40 MB. Try to increase it to 256 MB, at least. Check the link there if you need help doing it.
- Increase your PHP Maximum Input Variables and Time Limit to the recommended values.
- Your PHP version is 5.3.29. Any PHP version from 5.3 will work fine (as your does), but for performance, security and stability reasons, we recommend at least PHP 5.6 or greater. You may need to check if your hosting provider lets you modify this on your own.
- Your MySQL version is 5.5.55. This version should work fine, but WordPress recommends 5.6 or higher for security and performance reasons. Again, you may need to check if you can change this on your own from your hosting account.
- Deactivate the plugins you’re not planning to use. Some plugins, such as WooCommerce and Slider Revolution, add a lot of functionality that affects the final loading time of your site, so it’s better to not keep them activated if you’re not going to use them.
We have an article about server requirements that covers these points with more details: https://nicethemes.com/article/server-requirements/
And just for reference, you can take a look at how the same demo you’re using is performing in our servers: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/demo.nicethemes.com/QhrYrPgl
I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.