Visual Composer didn't work after update

This support request was posted in Smart by Alex

Request ID #39807 Resolved
  • Hello Juanfra.
    I updated WPBakery Page Builder to last version and when I activate it got this error:
    “Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_editable_roles() in wp-content/themes/smart/includes/plugin-integrations/visual-composer/init.php:93 Stack trace: #0wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): nice_vc_add_post_types_maybe(”) #1 wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 wp-settings.php(523): do_action(‘init’) #4 wp-config.php(92): require_once(‘/home1/nich/MYB…’) #5 wp-load.php(37): require_once(‘/home1/nich/MYB…’) #6 wp-admin/admin.php(34): require_once(‘/home1/nich/MYB…’) #7 wp-admin/plugins.php(10): require_once(‘/home1/nich/MYB…’) #8 {main} thrown in wp-content/themes/smart/includes/plugin-integrations/visual-composer/init.php on line 93″
    Can you help?
    Also, can Nice addon for Visual Composer work with standard modules and not replace them?
    Alex.

The plugin version is 6.0.5

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well.

Have you updated on a live site? Can you share the access details withe me in a private reply?

Unfortunately, the theme comes with a special implementation for visual composer, to make the different builder elements work as the theme needs.

Best,
    Juan.

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi there! Any news?
    Now I tried to update through Smart plugin install page. But it goes to the same error.
    Waiting for your reply.
    Alex.

Hi,

Thank you for the follow-up.

Would you please try with this version of smart? https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BchKxFJFlDY0ws0w_aItQkcQcuwemUpE

I highly recommend you to try this out in a testing environment before installing the theme in production.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up. So far, it seems like your way is the best.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server