Website really slow when firewall activated

This support request was posted in Flatbase by apoguy

Request ID #39448 In Progress
  • We need to have the site behind a strict firewall and allowing only 1 ip address (company internal). However, when we activate the firewall to allow inbound traffic only from our IP and only to port 443 and 80, the homepage becomes almost inaccessible, taking over a minute to get the first byte; while the admin area works perfectly fast.

This clearly shows that something in the wordpress homepage is trying to get a resource or something that the firewall is blocking.

I have now disabled the firewall so you can access to take a look, but again, the issue happens when we activate the firewall.

If you want, you can provide me with your ip address so I can activate the firewall and let your IP go through so you can see the issue in your end.

Thank you.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I hope you’re doing well.

I think that the only things that are being requested outside the site from the theme could be the google fonts. Maybe you can try removing those and checking again?

Best,
    Juan.

This reply has been marked as private.
    Juanfra Aldasoro
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server