WordPress 5.5 Update

This support request was posted in General Support by ErikBowitz

Request ID #40246 In Progress
  • Is Nicethemes planning on releasing updates for their themes to fix things that may have broke when WordPress pushed their version 5.5 release this week?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Erik,

Thank you for reaching out!

After your message, we’re currently re-checking our themes and checking if we need to push any fix.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

I see 2.0.8 was released August 17th. But I also see on ThemeForest Flatbase is only listed as supported up to WordPress 5.4.X.

Just wondering if you guys did push an update and it’s safe to upgrade to WordPress 5.5 or if an update is still in the works and I should stay on 5.4.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Themeforest didn’t have the newest version of WordPress in order for us to add that compatibility. We always recommend to first update WordPress on a staging environment and with backups, and once that’s working without errors, then update in production.

Best,
    Juan.

Its all good I ended up reverting. Any idea on when Themeforest will have the newest version or when NiceThemes will be releasing theme updates to for WordPress 5.5?

Thanks!

Hi Erik,

Thank you for the follow-up.

With regards to Flatbase we released a version with compatibility, like you said, on the 17th of August of 2020. We updated the WordPress compatibility version on ThemeForest now that they gave the option. We are still investigating and checking some things with lazyloading compatibility for images. But for the rest, all of our tests are passing.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server