General weirdness

This support request was posted in BBQ by fungfu

Request ID #566 Resolved
  • Hi I’m having no end of trouble setting up the BBQ theme. For some reason the WP featured image isn’t working and says the images are failing and yet they appear in the media library. I can’t get the slideshow to work on the homepage despite following your instructions and I’ve got weird text at the top of every page – “& TEXTDmWr & TEXTDmWr & TEXTDmWr & TEXTDmWr & TEXTDmWr & TEXTDmWr & TEXTDmWr & TEXTDmWr”. Can you help me please?

Many thanks,

Charlie

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Charlie,

Thanks for writing 🙂

This is super strange. Would you send me your FTP credentials so I can take a look at the files?

Best,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

I forgot to mention, please send me that information to support@nicethemes.com

Thanks 🙂
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Charlie,

I’ve been through your site and I found out some things:

1) Strange words issue: There was plenty of hidden files all across the theme. These files were duplications of the actual files but with the text “& TEXTDmWr” as content. I’m not sure if it has to do with Adobe DreamWeaver ( By googling “& TEXTDmWr” I got to some similar cases ) or not.
    I would recommend you to have a virus scan on your computer and server.

2) Images: In order to get your slider showing images, you need to set a featured image for each slide. I’ve edited the slide that was there setting a featured image. We have a good tutorial regarding images within our documentation -> http://nicethemes.com/support/theme-docs/bbq/#images

Well, that’s all for now. Please have a look at the site and let me know if everything is going well.

Thank you,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Thanks so much for your help.

I’m not sure what the Dreamweaver text was about as I don’t use Dreamweaver which is weird.

I’m not sure I really understand the whole featured image thing but I’ll have a look through it all later.

Thanks again so much for your help.

Regards,

Charlie

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Charlie,

No problem 🙂

Yes, It’s strange to me too. I think it’s the first time I’ve seen this, and believe me I work with a large amount of sites and troubleshooting.

Regarding featured images, it’s a pretty straightforward feature from WordPress. Whenever you upload photos to a page/post/slide, you can set a “Featured Image” by clicking a button and then that image will be the one that represent that content.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Sorry I need your help again.
    How do I turn the static image on the homepage into the slideshow that I’ve now set up?

Many thanks,

Charlie

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Charlie,

You need to add more slides. On each slide, assign a featured image. That way you’ll have the slider working correctly.

Best,
    Juan.

Oh I see ok I understand now, many thanks.

Juanfra Aldasoro

No problem.

Have a nice day 🙂
    Juan.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server