By default, WordPress enables comments for all types of content. Here’s what you need to do in case you don’t want to use them.
Disabling comments for a specific post or page
The following procedure will deactivate comments for a specific post of any type. New posts will still use the default configuration (which you can change using the procedure described below this one).
- In your WordPress Dashboard, go to Posts, or Pages, or the menu of the corresponding content type.
- Find the specific post you want (you can browse through the pages, or search for it), and click on its title or the Edit option.
- If you don’t see the Discussion box, open the Screen Options (in the top right corner of the page) and, in the Show on screen section, check the Discussion option. The box should appear in the main content area.
- In the Discussion box, uncheck the Allow comments option.
- Save the post.
Disabling comments for the whole site
The following procedure will deactivate comments for all new posts of any type. Note that if you already have any posts, you will need to disable comments for them one by one using the procedure described above.
- In your WordPress Dashboard, go to Settings → Discussion.
- In the Default article settings section, uncheck the Allow people to post comment on new articles option.
- Save the changes.