If you’ve just purchased a theme and want to set it up like the demo site, you’re in the right place. Below you’ll find a simple explanation on how to import the demo contents to your WordPress site.
Manual installation↑ Back to Top
If your theme does not support automatic demo installations, or if you want to import the demo content the old-fashioned way, you can find the instructions and files here.
How to import the demo content to your WordPress Site
- On your WordPress Dashboard, go to Tools → Import → WordPress.
- Install the WordPress Importer.
- Browse for the XML file and import it.
- All of the demo content should now be uploaded to your site and ready to use. Check it out!
After you are done with the import
You need to do a couple of things in order to get your site configured and looking like the demo site:
- Set up the front page.
- Set up the widgets for the different widgetized spaces.
- Configure the navigation menu.
- Save the theme options. In your site dashboard, go to NiceThemes → Theme Options and hit the Save button.
- You’re now good to go!