Advanced Custom Fields on Homepage

This support request was posted in BBQ by ryanfarmer

Request ID #2260 Resolved
  • Hi. Love the theme. I am trying to use ACF plugin for some customization and i cant get it work on the homepage using the_field(‘field_name’); .

It works on any other page just fine.

Ack. Error on my part. Had the wrong page flagged for home. Please remove this post.

Sorry for being all over the place. I am still having the issue where I can’t use ACF on the homepage. I cant use the custom field after the slider on the homepage template. All other places/templates are fine.

(please remove the reply above, not the post)

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for writing. I hope you’re doing well.

I’m deeply sorry but we don’t provide support in any plugin that is not ours. I suggest you that try and contact the plugin owner in the plugin page so he can guide you on how to make the plugin work.

Best,
    Juan.

Hey Jaunfra-

It’s not just ACF, i cannot get standard custom fields to display when I have set a static page to be my Front Page in the Reading settings. If I change that setting and my static page is just a generic page, my custom fields will work.

`ID, ‘test_field’, true); ?>` yields nothing when the page is set as the Front Page.

I’m working on setting this up on a test link for you to see.

That code didnt do well in the formatting.

php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, ‘test_field’, true);

I just figured it out. The homepage template does not have a Loop on it. After adding it in there, I was able to get custom fields to display. Thanks!

Juanfra Aldasoro

No problem 🙂

Yes, actually we don’t have a loop over there cause we’re not displaying any of the page content.

Thanks for notifying us about the solution, have a great weekend.
    Juan.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server