Blog "featured images" showing full width instead of half-width like demo site

This support request was posted in Smart by cosimolombardi

Request ID #32595 Resolved
  • Hello there,

i’ve got the same problem as mondi84 from this Topic

https://nicethemes.com/forums/topic/blog-featured-images-showing-full-width-instead-of-half-width-like-demo-site/

The only difference is, that mine is for the Theme Smart
    i hope that someone can help me.

Thx in advance (Y)

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for writing. I hope you are doing well. I love what you have done with Smart! 🙂

It seems that the “Posts” element is configured to have 4 columns and you only have two posts. That’s why you get to see only half of the screen filled with posts.

If you go to Posts > Blocks > Columns you’ll be able to edit the number and set that to two. That way the screen will be filled with the two posts you have.

Best,
    Juan

Hi Juan,

Thank you for the compliment 😀

My Problem isn’t what you described.
    When you click on a blockpost, you will see the big Featured image, that should be by the size of the text, like the Demo one.
    In the smart-child settings, when you go under Content > Content Width and change the settings as you like, they won’t apply.

I hope that you can help me with this issue.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up. Ok, now I got you. You meant the featured image on the single template.

The problem here is that when you use the page builder for the single posts, then the layout is set to full width, and the content is displayed at the bottom of it.

I want to propose you the following solution:

1) Go to the post, and set Smart Child Settings > Content > Display Post Featured Image in Content to OFF.

2) Then go to the builder and add an image before the first part of the content. You can select the same image you have used for the featured image.

Best,
    Juan.

Perfect ^^

Thank you very much Juan. You helped me alot 😀
    Sometimes the easy thing are the most troublesome ones haha.

But now i’m actually interested, if there is the possibility to do it like in the demo one. I would appreciate an answer.

But with this the Post ist solved.
    Thank you again for your help

Best,
    Cosimo

Edit: I got the solution. I just copied the Text (classic mode) from one of the demo ones and pasted it on my site.

Wonderful two straight days on trying to solve the problem and that’s it.

Well for everyone that got the same problem… Your Welcome 😀

Juanfra Aldasoro

That’s great to hear 🙂

I’m happy you got it working.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server