Blog Options

This support request was posted in Smart by Andreas

Request ID #32401 Resolved
  • I would like to display the blog text, author, date and comments only, but no titles and no categories, I turned everything off in the post options, but it won’t work.

Andrés Villarreal

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for writing. I hope you’re doing well.

I see you’re trying to set up that page using Visual Composer, but you also defined that page as your Blog Page in Settings > Reading. When a page is used as the Blog Page, its content is ignored by WordPress, using the default blog template instead.

There are two possible solutions for what you’re trying to achieve:

1. In Settings > Reading (“Einstellungen > Lesen” in your language), leave the Blog Page (“Beitragsseite”) undefined. Then you can adjust your Posts component to look like the way you want. If you go for this solution, the sidebar will not be displayed anymore.

2. If you want to keep using the default blog template and also have the possibility to control your sidebar position, add the following code to the functions.php file of your Child Theme (ignore the opening “< ?php” tag):

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes

Best,

Andrés.

Thank you for your help. Leaving the Blog Page undefined works

Juanfra Aldasoro

Thanks for the follow-up.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server