bootstrap.php file keeps going missing or being deleted

This support request was posted in Paeon by Rossw42

Request ID #7277 In Progress
  • hi all,

I am currently running WordPress 4.1.12 with the Paeon theme for our business/clinic website. I am not the developer of the site, but as one of the staff with the most IT experience, I have been doing some page updates as needed.

Recently our website has been going offline with a WordPress error message, that the bootstrap.php file is missing from the …/paeon/engine folder. I found a backup of the file and FTP’ed the file to the folder and the website came back up immediately. This lasted about 3-4 weeks then the website went offline again with the same error, then again about 1 week later, then another 2-3 weeks later – today.

This is not great for a commercial business to have the website going offline frequently. I have contacted the hosting company and they cant see any batch jobs which may be causing this file to be deleted…

Any thoughts please?

Thanks,
    Ross.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Ross,

Thank you for writing, I hope you are doing well.

Well, most certainly if the file come and goes, I’d check the server to see if there’s some type of virus or malware. The file engine/bootstrap.php must be always part of the package as it is the one igniting most of the functionality.

If you don’t get to find any virus or malware I’d contact the hosting provider to see what can be the reason why the file is disappearing. For sure the theme won’t be deleting files of its own package, so it has to be related to the server and if it is infected or not.

Where did you get the copy of Paeon? Are you using any protection on your site?

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server