Broken HTML

This support request was posted in Flatbase by tchillidog

Request ID #7052 Resolved
  • Hi Juan–

I created a similar site to the one you helped me out with before, but for some reason it’s showing a bunch of broken HTML on the homepage. It looks like there were an update to the theme, which I installed, but it doesn’t seem to fix it. It’s under the Grid Iron site within the network.

Do you have any idea of what is causing this? Thank you.

Tiffany

P.S. I sent you new access to my WordPress site since I already deleted the previous one.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Tiffany,

Thank you for writing.

I’ve received the access keys, unfortunately my user role is set to moderator and I cannot see any configuration panel. Would you please set me as admin so I can help you?

Best,
    Juan

Hi Juan,

Sorry about that. I was pretty sure I set it as admin last night, but I just reset your privileges again to admin so see if that works.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Tiffany,

Thank you for the follow up.

It seems that the permissions didn’t apply correctly. I tried loggin out and in again and I’m still unable to see the dashboard: https://cloudup.com/cmS95Zmk_W9

If you are using WordPress multisite, please take a look at the Network settings and apply the roles directly over there.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi sorry, I forgot to check off a box. You should be all set now.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for the follow up. I was able to log in now.

It seems that you are using a plugin that is adding some HTML to the “title” attribute of the images, and it is breaking the HTML. Would you please try deactivating the plugins one by one and checking which one can be causing the problem? In my opinion, it might be related to the SEO plugin, because the code added is:

FAQ

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

I have that SEO plug-in activated on my other site under the same network and it’s not creating the same problem. I’m afraid if I start deactivating plug-ins by trial and error I’m going to lose a bunch of work.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Tiffany,

Thank you for the follow up

I’m afraid that the plugin is hooking over the WordPress native function get_the_title(); and that is causing the problem. It is not a problem of the theme itself but the plugin that is altering the normal functioning of a WordPress function by adding HTML to it.

Do you know if you can configure that from their options?

Other option is if you use the function esc_html to escape the HTML printed by the SEO plugin within the title attribute of the link. I’ve created a file applying that fix to the original file.

To try that, all you need to do is grab this file: https://gist.github.com/juanfra/052ba155b020e1fe32631ea5fa7eee6f

And replace the original /flatbase/includes/functions.php with it.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the help. It looks like the SEO plug-in Yoast doesn’t have the option to configure the settings to use the get_the_title() function. So I tried your other option, which seemed to have solve the problem!

My only question with this solution is will this be included in the next theme update or will I have to manually update the code again?

Tiffany

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Tiffany,

Thank you for the follow up. I’m happy your problem is now solved.

Given that SEO by Yoast is a largely used plugin it is quite likely that we will include this fix on the next release.

Best,
    Juan.

Great! Thanks again. Have a good night.

Tiffany

Juanfra Aldasoro

Thank you 🙂

You too, have a good night.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server