Browser Background – would like to add image (tiled or full/fixed)

This support request was posted in BBQ by JayTea

Request ID #1861 Resolved
  • Hello,

I’m looking for a way to add an image (tiled or full/fixed) to the browser background behind the theme’s white background so that when one views the site on a wide monitor and expands the width of the browser window they get an image on the extended sides vs. pure white.

I tried adding an image link to the custom.css file as you had suggested but it simply placed it under the content of the site making everything unreadable. This is not where I wanted the image – I wanted it one layer back, behind the white panel.

Example: The WordPress Twenty Eleven theme provides a Background tool that allows you to either add an image or a color to the browser background furthest back (behind the site and site background). Since I’m not using that theme, the background option is not available or at least I cannot find it anywhere.

Is there anything I can do to solve this problem using BBQ?

Thank you – your support continues to be very helpful.

JT

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi JT,

Thanks for writing. Unfortunately at the moment this theme doesn’t have the option to set a background image. When designing the theme we wanted to have a minimal look and we decided not to include this option. However there are many users that achieved this by using custom css. Basically they’ve used an image for their background through CSS.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server