Category Page Style

This support request was posted in Smart by ninanevski

Request ID #36055 Resolved
  • Hi,

When I click on a category of my blog posts, it takes me to that specific category page and shows the blog posts in order. If I have a lot of posts in the category, it will take forever to scroll.

Is there any way to make the category page display the blog posts in a grid style instead of the standard blog display of individual posts with side bar?

For example, is it possible to make the category page display the posts in grid style, just like on the original blog page, without the sidebar?

Thanks in advance,
    – Nina

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Nina,

Thank you for writing. I hope you are doing well.

The category template (category.php) by default prints a list of the different posts for the category page you visit. Unfortunately, at this moment, there’s no way to change the view of that template.

Best,
    Juan.

Juan,

Is it possible to change the html of the file and have it display titles only?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for the follow-up.

Yes, you can create a child theme and modify the category template.

Best,
    Juan.

Oh nice!

Can you suggest which line I can change in the category template? And what should I change it to?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Nina,

Thank you for the follow-up

Unfortunately, we can not provide support for customizations: https://nicethemes.com/article/support-vs-customizations-2/

The changes you need to do for the category template to have a grid style are not a one-line modification.

Best,
    Juan.

Ok Thank you.

Juanfra Aldasoro

My pleasure.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server