Centre-ing logo and navigational menu + editing description in menu

This support request was posted in General Support by wavyhair

Request ID #1568 In Progress
  • Hello,

Can you please tell me how I can bring the logo and navigational menu to the centre, right in the middle above the slider?

Also, in the menu list:

1) I would like the item description to be italicized — how can I do this? I tried doing it in the editor itself but it’s not reflecting in the actual menu.

2) how can I reduce the white space between each item in the menu?

Thank you for your help, and for the great theme!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Thanks for your kind words. Regarding all of your questions, CSS is the answer. You can customize your site with CSS.

You can check how to add CSS here: http://nicethemes.com/support/theme-docs/bbq/#custom-scripting

For centering the logo, add the following CSS:

#logo {
        float: none;
        margin: 0;
        text-align: center;
    }

#navigation {
        float: none;
    }

Menu item description italicized:

.menu-box li .description{ font-style: italic; }

Reducing white space between items:

.menu-box ul li {
        padding: 5px 0;
    }

Change the value 5px to whatever if fits better to your site.

Best,
    Juan.

Hello Juan,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I added the custom CSS and the logo moved but the main menu did not, unfortunately.

Also, the italicizing of the menu description did not work with the code I added. As far as I can tell nothing changed. Is there a way to have the HTML I put in the description box of each food item show up in the menu? I have dinner combinations and I want each item that is included on a separate line, instead of in a sentence like it is now.

Regarding the white space, I changed the value to a smaller number and that worked, but now the dotted lines do not match up as well as they did when they were at 15px. Some of lines go through the words.

Can you help?

Thank you so much!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello,

Would you please send me your site URL and WordPress access details to support@nicethemes.com

Thanks,
    Juan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server