Changes Made in Customizer Are Not Saving

This support request was posted in Smart by BrokeBecky

Request ID #33167 In Progress
  • Hi! About half of the changes I make in Customizer aren’t saving. I’ll change the columns in the Footer from three to four and it will show up fine in the preview… I’ll click save… and then bam, back to three. I’ve added a Header background image and it refuses to show up. Other changes do save. This has been going on for days and I’m at an impasse. Please feel free to go into my account and mess around. I haven’t created any real content yet because I can’t get the framework configured. Thanks!

https://postimg.org/gallery/32j85ilme/

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for writing. I hope you are doing well.

Unfortunately, I’m unable to log into your website dashboard, are you using any plugin to hide the admin area?

The footer columns thing sounds very strange. You can always change that from the theme options anyway.

With regards to the header page, the one you are trying to change is actually set in the page builder and not in the customizer. That page is made with the page builder, you will need to edit the page, and go to the row settings, and then change the background image.

Would you please check if there’s any way I can log-in to your WordPress admin?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi, I sent you a PM via Facebook with my log-in credentials because I’m an idiot and didn’t see the “Set as Private Reply” button down below.

This reply has been marked as private.
    Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Becky,

Thanks for the follow-up. And thanks for sharing your site details with me.

No problem. We prefer to keep the message threads over here so we can provide a better support experience and keep things centralized.

I can see that the customize section is having some trouble with the footer widgets section. We’ll be investigating this. Did you get to see problems with the customizer with any other options?

Thanks,
    Juan.

Thanks for your help! I’ve managed to get things working pretty good for now. I think I’m really going to like the Smart theme once I figure it all out! I’ve run out of time for the next few days because we’re taking our daughter off to college, but when we get back I’ll check things out and get back to you, if there are any other issues. Thanks so much!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Becky,

Thanks a lot for the follow-up.

That sounds great 🙂 – We have created a huge set of articles explaining how to get the most out of Smart. You can find them here: https://nicethemes.com/support/knowledge-base/smart/

All the best to your daughter and her college.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server