Changing Background

This support request was posted in Smart by Road2Love

Request ID #31784 In Progress
  • Hi !

Hope I’m not bothering you but I’m completely new in the WordPress game : I’m just starting to learn about CSS, PHP, first website, first theme, first everything ! I’m sorry if my question is stupid but here we go : can you tell me how to change and personalize your background ? More precisely, I’m looking to use the Blog Travel Demo and I can’t find where to change the image appearing in the home page…

Thanks for your answer !

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for writing. I hope you are doing well.

You are not bothering, at all! 🙂 We’re here to help. Thanks for trusting us as your first theme.

To change the background image for the blog travel demo, you need to go to edit the home page. To do that, you just need to go to “Pages > All Pages” and look for “Home” and then click “Edit”.

Once you are editing the page, you can check that there are several rows. For the first row, you can click the “Pencil” icon (https://cloudup.com/cqdFxIDRDwq) and you’ll be prompted with the settings editor for that row. If you go to the “Style” tab you will be able to change the “Background Image” by selecting an image you already have on your website or uploading a new one.

Please let me know if I was clear enough or if you need further help.

Best,
    Juan.

Wow !

Thanks for answering so fast Juan ! I have so many questions but I’m trying my best to find the answers by myself 🙂
    But I can’t seem to find 2 things :
    – How can you chose more colors for your text than the ones available in visual composer ?
    – How can you easily add a little arrow allowing you to automatically scroll down the same page ?

Thank you so much

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up, we’re happy to help 😀

With regards to your questions, feel free to open new tickets if they’re not related.

1) I guess you mean to have more colors on the color selector. You can add more colors on the Theme Options Panel, in the Design & Styles section. We’ve created an article with intuitive material explaining how colors are managed: https://nicethemes.com/article/options-design-styles/

2) That would be related to the page builder and web design itself. You will need to understand the concept of “anchors” or “bookmarks” first. I recommend you to read this page, on the “bookmarks” section: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp

Basically, anchors will work as “internal” links. So all you need to do, is create an image linking to the section you want to scroll using some ID, like #mysection, and then for that section, you can go to the row and set the “Row ID” in the “Extra” tab: https://nicethemes.com/article/builder-rows/ – Please have in mind that you won’t need to include the number sign in this field.

Best,
    Juan.

This reply has been marked as private.
    Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the follow-up. I’m doing well, thanks! I hope you are doing well too 🙂

Regarding your questions:

1) Would you please send me your site access details on a private reply? That way I could see your current configuration. Just by using the anchors it should be having a smooth transition. So, I’d kindly ask you to share your site access details with me so I can take a look.

2) There’s no need to buy a license of Visual Composer, it’s already included with the theme. Perhaps you can ask them for a refund as you won’t be using their license? We have developed a custom tailored version of Visual Composer for smart. One of the exciting things coming in the upcoming versions is the inclusion of the front end editor.

3) To change the fonts of your paragraphs you will need to do it directly from the theme options. For that, please go to “Theme Options > Typography > General Font” (you will need to check the field to select your own fonts). Regarding the font color, the theme currently runs with two skins: Dark and Light. The font colors for those skins are defined already, but we’re currently working on the skin editor for the upcoming version. In the meantime, you can use some custom CSS like this:

body {
       color: #333;
    }

You can change that color to any color you would like to use.

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server