Child Theme Template not working but not working

This support request was posted in Paeon by kevllar

Request ID #3771 In Progress
  • Okay, so I do have the child theme working because it appears in the appearance area and I can activate it without issues. But, when I copy a theme template to the child folder (e.g. template-home.php) thinking that the theme will use “my version” of the template-home.php is does not. I know this because I make changes to the file and wordpress is not using my modified template-home.php.

How can I get this to work? I want to modify the home template code.

Thanks,

Kevin

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for writing.

I’ve been through your site and I see that the child theme is set correctly and at least the child styles are loading. I also see that the home page has been modified, are you still experiencing any problem with this?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Yes I’m able to edit the home page but I have to edit the core template files. I’d like to be to edit copies of the template files through the child theme folder. Is there no way to enable this?

Thanks,

K

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the follow up.

That sounds strange, it should be taking the child theme template. Would you please send me some access details to your site? (FTP)

Best,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing your information.

I went through your site, added a file on the child theme and it is working as it should. You can visit your site and see it by yourself. The file you’ve modified is still in the parent theme, and you can get the original template-home.php file from the theme zip

Best,
    Juan.

Hey this is great. Thanks. I don’t know why it didn’t work before.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Maybe a typo or something? It is working now 🙂

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server