Comments on Blog do not Submit

This support request was posted in BBQ by bgbaron89

Request ID #2141 In Progress
  • Hi there,

I only noticed this recently when my friend tried to comment on one of my blog posts, and she noted that it disappeared.

I tried myself after that on a number of different browsers and experienced the same issue. It seems to just disappear into nothingness after the “submitting comment” message appears.

I’ve tried turning off a number of plugins that seemed likely to cause this and with no luck. I’m now wondering if this could be a theme specific issue.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,

Brad

Hi Brad,

Thanks for writing. We’ve tested the comments and they’re working well. If they’re not posted automatically maybe it has to do that they go up for a moderation process. In that case you should have to approve the comment in your WP dashboard and it must show up.

Let me know if this issue persist when you disable all plugins.

Best,
    Juan.

I will try to turn moderation settings off in a second.

What’s interesting is that if it goes somewhere for moderation, it must disappear, because I’m not notified of this on my dashboard at all.

Did you try posting a comment through my website in particular when you tested it?

-Brad

Hi Brad,

That sounds strange. I’ve seen you installed a plugin and you’re not using the built in comments from the theme, though.

Have you tried deactivating that plugin and going back to the native comment functionality?

Best,
    Juan.

Would you be referring to the Jetpack comments module? I’ve noticed that submitting comments on my website currently seems to be some bastardization of both the BBQ blog comment form and the Jetpack comment form.

Is there a code I can add somewhere to the BBQ theme to disable the BBQ specific comment form in favor of the Jetpack one? I’d like to try running both the BBQ one and Jetpack one individually to see if either or neither working at once fixes the problem at all.

Thanks,

Brad

Just to update you, I tried submitting a comment through the BBQ version with the Jetpack comments system deactivated, but it took me to a White Screen of Death, and as far as I know no comment was submitted.

If there’s a way to turn the BBQ comments off so I can just try the Jetpack version by itself, I’d love if that test fails or not.

-Brad

Hi Brad,

That is strange, I’ve been reading around regarding problems with Jetpack and our coding should have no problem with JetPack cause it’s using the latest function of WordPress regarding comments(comment_form()).

I’m pretty sure that the theme comments shouldn’t take you to a white screen without any plugin.

Please send me the site access details over support@nicethemes.com

Juan.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server