contact form

This support request was posted in BBQ by ronnie

Request ID #411 Resolved
  • I’ve been scratching my head about the contact form throwing me this error:

“There has been an error, please try again.”

I’m using yahoo hosting and figured it’s an smtp problem. installed WP-Mail-SMTP. apparently fixed it, seeing that the test message went through nicely in the plugin.

BUT, still no luck when trying to use the contact form. same error.

Some help? Thanks.

Hello Ronnie,

The contact script use the wp_mail function(). I didn’t have the experience of working with that theme. But I assume that if it’s well configured for the wp_mail() function it should work.
    For example: Do you get the mail notifications for new comments?

Best,
    Juan.

<blockquote><p> For example: Do you get the mail notifications for new comments? </p></blockquote>
    I’m not sure but apparently not (I just tried a quick test post, not sure which specific action would trigger an email but tested a quick back and forth, no luck).
    Currently my site is pretty static (for a restaurant). The contact form is pretty much all I need for the time being in terms of interaction with users.
    Thanks,
    Ron

Correction: I just received an email telling me to moderate a comment. So I’m assuming that the mail function works but somehow the contact form is not playing nice with it.

Ronnie,

I’m afraid I’m not familiar with that plugin, so I don’t know how it modifies the mail functions. Maybe it create some filters for the wordpress core functions. I do know that for another user this plugin have solved the same problem: http://nicethemes.com/forums/topic/contact-form-is-not-working/

Have you tried to set the “Mailer” option to SMTP?

Best,
    Juan.

Hello Ronnie,

Any news about this problem? Have you tried to set the “Mailer” option to SMTP?

Regards,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hello Ronnie,

I hope you’re doing well.

Any luck with this issue?

Best,
    Juan.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server